POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : DivX:) 'Mech Animation : Re: DivX:) 'Mech Animation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DivX:) 'Mech Animation
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 13 Mar 2001 12:32:21
Message: <3aae59a4@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> I recently gained access to a network of 30 P3 800s running MP.07.

Since I'm the provider, I'll say that they were only 15 PII 400 dual
processors (30 processors, though)  I will also say that the render is now
done.  I've put a (complete) version at

> Anyway, this is what  did with them.
> http://darwin.cwru.edu/~wedig/summer/div43.avi (770KB)

http://darwin.cwru.edu/~wedig/summer/div44.avi (785KB)

since Howard obviously doesn't mind people seeing it ;)

Incidentally, it's using DivX encoding, since that gives a lot of bang for
the buck.  Howard, should I encode for the general populace as mpg, or would
you prefer to wait.

> This took me about 4 days to put together, on a P133 16MB Ram.
> Comments?

Well, as I got to watch it come alive, I think it's fantastic.  The light
comes on a little to bright, too quickly, I think, but other than that, it's
fantastic.  Still trying to figure out how you figure out things like the
mud so quickly.  I have to experiment over and over to get such effects.

Geoff